Looking for a feature rich video editor for your Windows Phone? Want to save a little money? Then check out Movie Maker 8.1 over in the Windows Phone Store.
With Movie Maker 8.1 you can mix videos, pictures and music to add a little gusto to your movies. The app normally runs $.99 but through myAppFree, you can pick up Movie Maker 8.1 free for the next 24 hours.
While still pictures are more my cup of tea, I have to say that the feature list for Movie Maker 8.1 is appealing. Along with full HD 1920 x 1080 video support additional features of Movie Maker 8.1 include:
- No movie duration limits
- Load and save your videos from/to SD card and OneDrive
- Titles: customizable font (type, color and size) and background (color/picture/video frame)
- Ken Burns effect (pan & zoom) on images with custom duration
- Tools: frame grab, trim, crop, split, move, cut, copy, paste, delete, replace, merge, audio levels, detach audio
- Unlimited undoes and redoes
- Fully customizable MP4 and MP3 compressor: format, quality, fps and bitrate
- Exclusive: ‘tick’ noise removal tool (pre-Cyan bug)
- MP3 Studio: works with audio tracks only and compose your mp3 compilation
- Extract single frames and mp3 audio tracks from a video
- Accepted video formats: mp4, wmv, 3gp, 3g2, m4v, mov
- Accepted image formats: jpg, bmp, png, gif, tiff, exif, ico
- Accepted audio formats: mp3, wma, wav, 3g2, m4a, amr, aac
In addition to these features additional plug-ins are available through in-app purchase such as special effects packs, video and audio transition sets, share support for Instagram, YouTube and Facebook and more.
With almost 3,000 reviews, Movie Maker 8.1 nails down a 4.5 Star rating in the Windows Phone Store, which is spot on. The video editing app normally runs $.99 (with a trial version available) but through the myAppFree deal, you can pick up Movie Maker 8.1 free. If you like shooting video with your Windows Phone, Movie Maker 8.1 is a must have app.
Special Note: As an added bonus, the first 1,000 users can use the code “myappfree” and receive five free coins that can be used to play slots for a chance at getting a plugin for free. Here’s how to redeem your code.
- Under the three-dot menu choose “External Plugins”
- Pick the plugin you want and tap the “Go to Store” link
- Choose “Unlock Code” as the payment option and enter “myappfree”
From there you can go to the “Do you feel lucky?” option of buying the plugin where you play the slots in hopes of getting the plugin free.
The Windows Phone Store listing for Movie Maker 8.1 is already reflecting the deal but it may take a little while longer before the deal to appear in the myAppFree app. Oh and the code for the five free coins is active as well.
Windows Central is proud to be partnering up with myAppFree, a free app and service that highlights special deals for software on the Windows Phone Store. Make sure you download their app to keep track of all the specials they run weekly, as you’ll never know what you may find.
Windows Central will continue to highlight select apps and games, such as Movie Maker 8.1, from myAppFree on a weekly basis as a benefit to the community.